Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nice Ice




My intention was to photograph eagles this morning. There was a lone eagle standing atop a deer carcass but it flew off to a nearby perch before I was able to get my million dollar image (pre-tax).

The world doesn't need another 'majestic bald eagle sitting in tree' image so I abandoned my quest. Tomorrow...perhaps.


I went for a walk this afternoon with my wife and my macro lens. As a happy threesome, we enjoyed looking at leaves embedded in the ice. The leaves, imprisoned by winter, are about to be unlocked by spring (not unlike many humans). The image to the left is of air bubbles, encapsulated in the frozen iced tea waters of the Washademoak. Tomorrow they may be gone and the world will be none the wiser, but for today they were greatly admired.

No comments:

Post a Comment