Thursday, September 10, 2009

Iles De La Madeleine


.
Stop the presses! Windsurfing has just been declared a civilized sport.
.
I've been windsurfing for twenty years. I've been standing in the rain and wind for much of that time. I've been ecstatic. I've been miserable. I've been cold. I've been frozen. I've been lifted high, and thrown down hard...both emotionally and physically.
.
All of that has changed, at least for this week. The trailer you see in the image above belongs to one of our windsurfing posse. In the world of windsurfing, it's like the Ritz, except better. 
.
Yesterday we enjoyed a gourmet meal during half time of the Wind Bowl. There was even wine, but I felt that Chardonnay didn't go well with Kraft Dinner, so I abstained. The suffering isn't over yet, at least not until we find a wine that suits KD, but at least I'm out of the wind and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment