Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Carcass Is Such A Nasty Word



With any luck, this will be the last image of a dead deer that I will post. I'd like to move on to something more upbeat like daffodils. I've been watching this deer slowly disappear for about 10 days now and it's been an education. The lake ice is melting and I suspect the carcass will slip into the lake later today. The eagles and crows will be miserable but they've had quite a time of it. The crows will, no doubt, resort to their old feeding habits (attacking my Tuesday morning garbage bag). The eagles are also opportunists and they'll find something...they always do.

There's a primitive aspect to this morning's image...it reminds me of a cave painting or something elemental. Nature is truly the great canvas, we simply amble about her gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment