Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Joy of Photoshop


I spend too much time at the computer. I'm not apologizing to anyone, except myself, for this indisgretion. The joy of computers, particularly using Photoshop, is that they allow for such god-like creativity. The problem is that they keep me from the 'real world'...the world of sunshine, fresh air, running water.

Balance.

That is what I need. I've been using the computer for the first hour of this sunny, Sunday morning. I should free myself from my cordless, easy to use mouse. I should walk away from the keyboard. I should take my advice.

I think I can. I think I can. I thought I could. I thought I could.

Well, I'm still here. Just a quick word about the joy of Photoshop. The image above was of an uninspired set of footprints in the snow. A little drugless help from Photoshop and it's now something stimulating, at least to me. The act of creating it was stimulating.

Speaking of stimulating, there's currently two American mergansers flying around my yard, checking out a hole in an oak tree...suitable for nesting, perhaps. I'm going to grab my camera, walk away from the computer, and celebrate the real world. The real world has feathers, something the world of computers will never have (though never discount what the good folks at Apple will come up with next). The iPhone already wipes your bum and ties your shoes, why shouldn't it fly??

No comments:

Post a Comment